Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Magic Cooker/Thermal Cooker vs. Pressure Cooker

Magic Cooker a.k.a. Thermal Cooker
What is it and how does it work? It is a cookware that is best used for soup-based recipes. It saves on energy cost and time. Usually made out of outer form (insulated part) and a stainless pot. The pot is boiled in high heat for a few minutes, then immediately placed in the insulated form. The heat inside the pot will slow cook your food. Wait, depending on what you are cooking from a few minutes (rice) to hours(stews). Reheat before serving/serve immediately. 
When I came to Germany, what my family thought was the most important to send is a magic cooker. I have to agree, it had helped me through quite a number of cold winters. I had made numerous chicken soups, goulash, beef/pork soups, white fungus soup, and congees with it. 
What is so special for me about this cookware is I get soft meat without worrying about the food being burnt or that water has all condensed. As I lived in a dormitory with a shared kitchen, the magic cooker was very helpful. I merely occupied the kitchen top for a few minutes and after few minutes/hours of waiting, I had the meat that I wanted.  To save on time, I usually cook at night and in the morning, voila...... A meal for the whole week!.....hahahaha.
Insulated part

Magic cooker
Bigger version of magic cooker
I recently got a pressure cooker. What a life saver. I used to be very happy with my magic cooker. Though I still am, I realize that with the use of pressure cooker, it makes my soup cook much faster. I like my meat mostly 'fall-off-the bones'. That is to say, I have to cook the soup/stew longer than usual. I normally cook(boil and wait) meat for at least 6 hours in my magic cooker. With pressure cooker, it was only less than an hour. Need to learn how to better make use of the pressure cooker. 
Which is healthier, I am afraid I can't say. More convenient is the pressure cooker at the moment. If anyone happen to know which is healthier, info would highly be appreciated.
==============
Als ich in DE war, hatte meine Familie von den PH mir einen Magic Cooker oder auch Thermal Cooker/Kochtopf geschickt. Es sei der wichtigste Sache sein. Mein Koffer war ganz voll und leider konnte ich es nicht mit mir sofort bringen. Ich war und immer noch dankbar dafür. Ich habe damit viele warme oder heiße Gerichte z.B. Reissuppe, Gulasch, Hähnchensuppe, usw. gekocht. Ja, man kann auch mit normalen Kochtopf benutzen aber ich möchte das Fleisch zart sein, wenn ich es esse. Zartes Fleisch bekommt man wenn man es länger kocht als üblich. Dieser Magic Cooker ist dann am Vorteil weil es Energiekosten spart. Wie benutzt man es? Topf aus Edelstahl am Herd, ein paar Minuten das Essen kochend bringen. Macht man den Topf in den Anderen rein (der mit Isolierung). Dann abwarten von Minuten (Reis) bis Studen (Fleisch). Ah..was noch, ich hatte im Studentenwohnheim gewohnt. Als die Küche geteilt war, sollte ich auch nicht sehr lange am Herd sein. Der Magic Cooker hat ganz prima gepasst. Ich hatte abends gekocht und morgens.........habe ich Mahlzeit für die ganze Woche...hahaha.
Vor kurzem habe ich einen Schnellkochtopf bekommen. Es ist ganz ideal. Früher muss ich mehr als 6 Stunden warten für mein Gulasch, jetzt hat es weniger als 1 Stunde gedauert. 
Welche ist gesunder oder besser, weiß ich nicht. Falls jemand es weiß, Info wäre gut. Ich mache gleich Weißmorchelnsuppe, aber dieses Mal benutze ich mein Magic Cooker. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LINKERS -NG, -G, NA

LINKERS -NG, -G, NA. Exercise: Adjectives + Nouns; Nouns + Adjectives Complete the phrases below using linkers -ng, -g, na. Adjecti...